MNL Women’s Caucus
Municipalities Newfoundland and Labrador created a Women’s Caucus to focus on how we can encourage more women to take on leadership roles within the municipal sector and how to provide support once they are there. Our goal is to improve our programs while developing stronger supports for women in municipal leadership and administrative roles.
- MNL Mentorship Program Through tools such as the Women’s Mentorship Program, we hope to build a stronger community of women and provide opportunities to improve their skills and advance their political and professional careers.
- MNL Women’s Caucus Facebook Group: Join us!
Other cool resources worth checking out are:
- FCM/Women in Local Government: Closing the gender gap in municipal governments.
- Increasing Women’s Participation in Municipal Decision-Making: Strategies for More Inclusive Canadian Communities
- Municipal Elections in Canada: a guide for women candidates: Thinking about running for municipal office? This guide provides tips and tools for campaigning and beyond.
- Diverse Voices: Tools and Practices to Support all Women: This toolkit explores how municipalities across Canada can work to reduce, and eventually eliminate, the leadership gap. Using examples from select municipalities, it provides resources and tools for local action to support women as leaders and agents of change.
- PMA Mentorship Program Building an ongoing relationship of learning, dialogue, and professional development.
- Equal Voice NL: Canada needs more women in politics. Now. It’s about fairness and the future of Canada.
- Gender & Politics Lab: Researching women’s participation in formal politics, the role of gender in political attitudes and the measurement of gender in survey research, and the role of motherhood (and parenthood) in politics. Directed by Dr. Amanda Bittner.
- Make Your Mark: Getting ready to run? Here you’ll find everything you need to know to get started, and some information to help you out throughout your campaign.