2019 Municipal Long Service Awards
The Department of Municipal Affairs and Environment has been presenting Municipal Long Service Awards to mayors, deputy mayors, and councillors since 1983.
Municipal Long Service Award certificates are presented to individuals who have served on municipal councils for a cumulative period of 12, 16, 20, 25, 30 or 35 years.
To further recognize 35 years of service, the Department also provides a $500.00 grant to help with costs of a celebratory event for the individual, hosted by the municipality.
Please help recognize eligible individuals for their contributions to municipal government by completing and submitting the attached form. Eligible applicants will be recognized at an appreciation banquet on November 16th, 2019, in St. John’s, as part of Municipalities Newfoundland and Labrador’s Annual Convention.
Completing the Application Form:
- Use one form per applicant.
- Clearly print name of applicant and name of municipality.
- Indicate the periods of service as Mayor, Deputy Mayor, or Councillor.
- Provide all information required regarding service dates.
- Years of service do not need to be continuous.
- Service of applicant is eligible up to November 1, 2019.
2019 Municipal Long Service Award Application- Elected Officials
The completed application form must be received by October 11, 2019.
Send completed application forms to:
Local Governance and Land Use Planning Division
Department of Municipal Affairs and Environment
PO Box 8700
St. John’s, NL A1B 4J6