Employment Opportunity: MNL Engagement Officer
Municipalities Newfoundland and Labrador (MNL) is a leading advocacy and program delivery organization supporting all municipal councils in the province. We have a record of leadership and a unique, rigorous approach that provides an exciting, achievement-oriented work environment.
At MNL we’re building a team culture based on integrity, collaboration, results, and a little fun. We have a flexible, supportive work environment that recognizes the connection between the skills and needs of individual staff and our organizational achievement. An important piece of that organizational puzzle is our new, permanent MNL Engagement Officer.
The MNL Engagement Officer position will be responsible for designing, in collaboration with the management team, and coordinating an engagement framework for the Board of Directors and membership of MNL.
Engagement is an approach to work that is based on trust, a shared understanding of goals, and a commitment to action.
We will deliver engagement through:
- events such as the Board of Directors meetings, committee meetings, regional meetings, webinars,online meetings, the Municipal Symposium, and our annual conference;
- programs or projects that involve member municipalities as participants; and,
- measuring and reporting on delivery of our commitments to the Board of Directors and the membership.
Engagement in these spaces will focus on:
- the design and coordination of Board of Directors meetings;
- working with the Management Team on the presentation of reports to the Board of Directors in the most effective way to maximize their engagement;
- coordinating the governance and regulatory responsibilities of the Board of Directors;
- advising on event design to ensure effective engagement;
- supporting an engagement framework that ensures members have a beneficial and positive experience when participating in MNL events, programs, and projects; and,
- coordinating a performance management framework to track and report on our operational activities.
Specific activities and tasks:
- Support all event logistics, including venue coordination.
- Lead Board of Directors meeting logistics including responsibility for the OnBoard meeting portal.
- Support on implementation of a performance management framework, including providing support to staff for tracking important data.
- Support on implementation of a governance framework that tracks and reports on our governance and regulatory responsibilities and milestones.
- Support the Management Team on the development and implementation of an organizational engagement framework.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Formal Education and/or Certification(s):
- Minimum: Undergraduate degree or college diploma in the social sciences, business or commerce. Equivalents will be considered.
Years of Experience:
- Minimum: 3-5 years of experience.
- Ability to deliver presentations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to operate computers.
- Ability to write reports.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
Applicants should have relevant education credentials and 3-5 years of increasingly responsible experience in office administration, program development and coordination or an equivalent combination of demonstrable skills and experience. Experience working in a not-for-profit environment is an asset.
The salary range for this position is between $57,152 and $71,441 annually.
MNL is an equal opportunity employer offering an attractive salary and benefits package, including a defined benefit pension plan and full group health and life program.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries can be directed to this email address or call 709-753-6820.
The deadline for applications is 4:00 PM, Wednesday, July 20, 2022. Candidates are expected to submit a cover letter and résumé as part of their submission. Incomplete applications will not be considered.