Municipal Asset Management Officer position with MNL
Job Opportunity: Municipal Asset Management Officer
Municipalities Newfoundland and Labrador (MNL) is looking for a suitable candidate to join its asset management project team as a municipal asset management officer (AMO).
The AMO will be an ongoing point of contact for at least 150 municipalities engaged in MNL’s Building Asset Management (BAM! NL) project.
This position requires a combined technical, administrative and communications background that includes asset and/or facilities management. The successful candidate will be responsible for communicating technical knowledge, facilitating small group meetings, and troubleshooting with municipal leaders and staff on data entry.
The BAM! NL project is funded by the Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) through its Municipal Asset Management Program (MAMP).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Introducing municipalities to and supporting them in making tangible progress relative to the FCM’s Asset Management Readiness Scale (AMRS);
- Assisting municipal elected officials and staff in determining their organization’s current level of asset management readiness;
- Maintaining project records and meeting project reporting requirements; and,
- Other duties as required.
- A total of 4 years employment/apprenticeship and/or post-secondary experience in one or more of the following fields: engineering, computer science, project management, municipal planning, administration, management studies, and any of the construction trades;
- Experience working in asset management;
- Effective meeting facilitation skills and/or experience in workshop design/delivery;
- Strong communication skills;
- Knowledge of currently available asset management tools and resources;
- Strong computer skills including MS Office;
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle with insurance.
- Certification in asset management
- Knowledge of NL municipalities and municipal infrastructure
The position is based in St. John’s and will require travel to other communities throughout the province. The salary scale is between $25 – $35 (hourly) and will be commensurate with skills and experience. The position is full time (37.5 hours per week) and is project-based.
How to Apply:
Submit your resumé or CV:
Subject line: Asset Management Officer – [SURNAME]
Mail: 79 Mews Place, St. John’s, NL A1B 4N2
Applications will be received until March 13, 2020, at 4 p.m.
Formed in 1951, Municipalities Newfoundland and Labrador (MNL) is an incorporated, non-profit organization that represents the interests of municipal councils in the province. There are currently 275 incorporated municipalities in the province, representing about 90% of the population.
This initiative is offered through the Municipal Asset Management Program, which is delivered by the Federation of Canadian Municipalities and funded by the Government of Canada.