Kickstarting Climate Action:
Tracking Emissions in Your Municipality
Wednesday, March 7, 2018
1:00pm – 5:00pm
Holiday Inn, 180 Portugal Cove Rd. St. John’s
Developing a GHG inventory and forecast is the foundation for any climate change or energy strategy. It reveals how your community or municipal government consumes energy and generates waste, helps identify opportunities for mitigation strategies, and provides the necessary baseline from which progress can be measured.
Join us for a free Partners for Climate Protection (PCP) Milestone 1 workshop where you will receive training and guidance on developing GHG inventories using the latest methodologies.
THROUGH HANDS-ON ACTIVITIES, YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO…
- Build community and corporate inventories
- Address data challenges specific to your community
- Model emissions trends into the future
Don’t miss this valuable opportunity to learn how to inventory your local emissions and receive training on resources and tools essential to achieving the first PCP milestone.
AGENDA AT A GLANCE
- Deep dive into Milestones 1 of the Partners for Climate Protection Program (PCP)
- Take part in interactive activities on inventorying and forecasting emissions
- Discuss barriers and challenges for Newfoundland communities
Registration is FREE. Register now by visiting https://trackingemissions.eventbrite.ca
Contact ICLEI Canada at 647-728-4308 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions about the workshop.