MNL has secured government rates with the following accommodation providers. When booking, please indicate that you are with a municipality in order to receive the appropriate discount.
As part of our new Membership Services Program - MNL Advantage, we have partnered with Canoe Procurement Group of Canada to provide our members with access to competitively priced goods and services.
Canoe Procurement enables municipalities to purchase from pre-approved vendors without the need to go through a tender process. A letter to MNL from the provincial government's chief procurement officer specifically allows municipalities to participate.
Click here for a full list of suppliers servicing Newfoundland and Labrador.
To download the Canoe Procurement Group member guide pdf, which is a good introduction to the program, click here.
Download our April Newsletter and find NEW DEALS!
Buying through our new membership services program, MNL Advantage saves you time and money. MNL member benefits include competitive pricing from reputable local vendors, access to products and services that have been competitively solicited and awarded, consolidated invoicing and easy payment terms.
MNL seeks to ensure that the procurement of products and services for members meets the requirements of the New West Trade Partnership Agreement (NWPTA) and the Canadian Free Trade Agreement (CFTA), as well as the Public Procurement Act of Newfoundland and Labrador. More information about purchasing thresholds for Newfoundland and Labrador municipalities can be found here.
Learn About the Current Vendors and Product and Service Offerings
- Aggregates Program (View the PDF)
- Culverts (View the PDF)
- Fuel and Lubricants (View the PDF)
- Grainger Canada (View the PDF)
- Ground Engagement (View the PDF)
- Staples Business Advantage (View the PDF)
- Technology Catalogue Solutions (View the PDF)
- Tires (View the PDF)
- Traffic Supplies (View the PDF)
- Capital Purchasing (View the PDF)
Click here → Cooperative Procurement - Approved Suppliers (March 2021)
How to Participate
Value to MNL Members
- Additional procurement tool for MNL’s members – non-binding and no obligation to purchase.
- Procurement compliance – PPA, NWPTA and CFTA compliant.
- Access to contracted solutions from many of the top manufacturers and suppliers in the country.
- Members select which vendor they want to buy from. The member will purchase/place any orders through the vendor and pay the vendor directly. The vendor delivers the product and is responsible for applicable warranties.
For More Information or to Make A Purchase
Bradley Power, Director of Programs
709-753-6820 or email email@example.com
Our General Insurance Program, offered through Cal LeGrow, is of great benefit to all our members, large and small, by providing a stable, cost-effective program which provides a package of core coverage and also provides the ability for each MNL member to tailor the program to meet their individual needs. Participation in this program offers solid benefits to all our members. MNL Municipal General Insurance Program is available to all MNL members! For a complete list of available coverage offered through the program and a quote, please call Krista Parsons, Municipal Account Manager, at 793-3021 or toll free at 1-866-576-1602, or via E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerBeacon, working with Municipalities Newfoundland and Labrador, is pleased to offer MNL members the Special Rate of $250 plus HST per posting to advertise your career opportunities on our website. Our standard rate is $375 plus HST.
If you are not familiar with CareerBeacon, we are the largest Atlantic Canadian online career site. We receive over 750,000 views per month and have over 25,000 registered users. Our website can be viewed at www.careerbeacon.com. You can also view our featured employers here https://www.careerbeacon.com/en/employers.
- Unlimited in length
- Include your logo and website
- Remain online for up to 30 days
- Include how you would like applicants to apply - email, fax, website, mailing address
- Send through “Notifier Service" your job posting to our registered users
CareerBeacon also offers additional features, at a cost, to help enhance your career posting;
- Spotlight ($49) which places your logo our search field
- Feature Position ($139) includes the logo in search field and places your position in rotation in the top three positions for a two week period
CareerBeacon is your proven partner to generate more qualified candidates applying for your positions - faster and from more locations. For details or to post a job posting, please contact Charlene Williams at 506-343-4842 or by email email@example.com
Enterprise Rent-A-Car is proud to be the Preferred Car Rental Provider for the Municipalities of Newfoundland. Here are some Highlights of your Business Rental Program:
- Call your local office directly for reservations
- Preferred rates with Enterprise-Rent-A-Car
- Free on-line reservation service at www.enterprise.com
- Free membership to Enterprise Plus
- Free pick up and ride back service to the customer
- Fixed rates that do not change regardless of peak travel periods
- Set Rates from $48 for “Economy” to $70 for “Full Size SUV”
- Collision Damage Waiver at a reduced rate
- 5% off retail rates outside of Atlantic Canada
- Account #: 9CA4363 / PIN #: MUN
Please note, Johnson Home and Auto Insurance is now belairdirect.
We’ve teamed up with belairdirect to score special deals on Home and Auto insurance for Council Members and Municipal staff. Our Group Home Auto program through belairdirect helps simplify insurance for you with a suite of helpful digital tools that make managing your insurance a breeze!
Visit belairdirect.com/public-sector or call 1-833-887-4626.
With the dynamic changes that have occurred during recent times within the travel industry and in an effort to streamline the management of our travel expenses, MNL felt it prudent to explore the travel marketplace for a preferred travel supplier of MNL and the benefits that could be afforded to our membership.
As a result of this analysis, we are pleased to announce that LeGrow’s Travel have been named the designated agency and travel partner of MNL effective immediately. LeGrow’s Travel has 18 branch offices throughout the province. The travel benefits being provided by LeGrow’s Travel under this arrangement include cost savings opportunities and value-added services and will be advantageous not only to our organization but also to our individual travelers.
Stewart McKelvey provides, as a service to our members, a Telephone Legal Referral Service. This free service is a referral only - a short telephone call in which you can discuss issues with the solicitor and ask for clarification on particular legal standards. Members may use this service on any occasion as there is no charge to you. It’s free for MNL members and is provided by telephone only. A written opinion or analysis will be provided, if requested, at a reasonable rate. Please call 709-722-4270 to seek legal advice on any issue your municipality may be facing. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer members a complete Group Health and Life Insurance Program, a Pension Plan and Group Retirement Savings Plan and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for Group Insurance Participants through the NL Municipal Employee Benefits, Incorporated. For information on any of the benefits of TRIO, please contact the General Manager at 709-738-7338 or toll free at 1-888-330-7338 or via E-mail: email@example.com