Position Name: Regional Housing Capacity-Building Officers (Two Positions)
Organization: Municipalities Newfoundland and Labrador, Inc.
There are two employment opportunities: one in the Eastern region (between Grand Falls-Windsor and St. John’s), and one in the Western region (west of Grand Falls-Windsor, including Northern Peninsula and Labrador). Physical location of employment will depend on the successful candidate’s community of residence. Please clearly indicate your community of residence and the region for which you are applying in your cover letter.
Position Type: Full-Time, Two-Year Contract
Salary: $65,000 per year
Are you passionate about making a difference in housing development within Newfoundland and Labrador? Municipalities Newfoundland and Labrador is seeking two dedicated individuals to join our team immediately as Regional Housing Capacity-Building Officers. These positions are pivotal in fostering collaboration between municipalities, non-profits, private industry and federal/provincial housing programs, to respond to the ongoing housing crisis and ensure sustainable growth in the housing sector.
- Collaborate with municipal councils and staff to enhance the development of housing needs assessments.
- Identify and explore options for increasing housing stock in the region.
- Enhance coordination between municipalities and other stakeholders in the housing sector.
- Strengthen the capacity of municipalities to apply for and receive federal and provincial programming for housing initiatives.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and work experiences.
- 2-5 years of experience in community engagement and/or research. Experience in the housing sector will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the housing and municipal sectors is considered an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively engage with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent research and writing skills to prepare compelling proposals and reports.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams. Experience with data analysis software is considered an asset.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Conduct outreach and engagement activities with municipal stakeholders.
- Provide guidance to municipalities in the development of housing needs assessments.
- Collaborate with local and regional stakeholders to explore innovative options for housing development.
- Assist municipalities in navigating federal and provincial housing programs.
- Compile and present comprehensive reports on housing initiatives and progress.
- Extensive travel within the province of Newfoundland and Labrador is required.
Candidates will be expected to work 37.5 hours per week. Normal workday is 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please clearly indicate your community of residence and the region for which you are applying.
MNL requires all applicants to be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Application Deadline: End of business day March 1st, 2024.
Municipalities Newfoundland and Labrador is an equal opportunity employer, supports the principles of employment equity and is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve.