Marketing and Communications Officer
Municipalities Newfoundland and Labrador (MNL) is looking to hire a dedicated communications officer to join our team. The communications officer will support our internal and external communications strategy, write and disseminate publicity and communications material, respond to inquiries from the media, and support public relations for organizational events. The ideal candidate will also support organizational marketing activities associated with membership services, programming and related sponsorship communications. To succeed as a communications officer with MNL, you should be able to think creatively, have an eye for design and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy aligned with strategic, advocacy and operational planning and attuned to our target audiences.
- Write, edit, design and distribute print and virtual content, including for publications and reports, press releases, website, social media, speeches, and other material that communicates the organization’s activities, products, programs and/or services.
- Support business development, marketing and sponsorship communication activities.
- Contribute to event communications planning, design and support.
- Plan, design and manage social media presence on multiple platforms.
- Design and implement digital media plans and strategies to achieve marketing goals and objectives.
- Respond to media inquiries and arrange interviews with/support assigned spokespeople.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists and maintain a media database.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics to measure impact.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Support organizational branding through graphic design and digital media production.
- Manage conflict as it arises and escalate to management.
General Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to think strategically and understand the impact of various communications on the organization.
- Sound knowledge and skills in communications development, design and brand application.
- Strong writing, editing and copy-editing skills.
- Strong knowledge in digital communications and marketingCollaborative with the ability to influence, be flexible and exhibit great tact and composure under pressure.
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution capability.
- Maintain and ensure confidentiality of information.
- Detail oriented and ability to organize and handle multiple projects and priorities.
- Action and results oriented.
- Organization and strong problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or diploma in communications, journalism, or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience in a communications role.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of and experience working in desktop publishing, graphic design and digital media production (InDesign/Photoshop/Canva/iMovie/YouTube Studio).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 and use/management of social media platforms.
- Knowledge of the municipal sector in Newfoundland and Labrador considered an asset.
The salary range for this position is between $52,800.00 and $66,000.00 annually.
This position is eligible for benefits, such as health/drug coverage and pension, after a probationary period.
How to Apply:
Applications can be sent to email@example.com. Inquiries can be directed to this email address or call 709-753-6820.
You can also apply via Career Beacon here.
MNL is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, provincial, or local laws.