All areas of Newfoundland and Labrador move to Alert Level 2
Download our updated infographic on Alert Level 2.
*Effective Saturday, April 17, 2021, the limit for formal gatherings increased to 100 individuals. This limit applies to formal gatherings that are run by a recognized business/organization.
Informal gatherings (such as informal family/friend gatherings) in Alert Level 2 remain limited to only those in your Steady 20.
The 100 maximum applies to formal gatherings that are run by a recognized business/organization. This would include funerals, burials, weddings, and religious and cultural ceremonies and services. Large venues with normal operating capacities of 500 people or more may request approval to host larger gatherings by submitting a proposed operational plan to the Department of Digital Government and Service NL.
Larger venues with previously-approved operational plans may resume hosting larger gatherings in accordance with their plans, provided that they now follow the new mask requirements where individuals keep their mask on when seated and not eating.
Employers are encouraged to allow employees to work from home as much as possible. Maintaining work from home policies is one important way to help keep contacts low.
MNL encourages all municipalities to download the guidance document COVID-19 Alert Level System: Implications for Municipalities (updated March 2021) which outlines municipal operations in each Alert Level.
We will continue to update our COVID-19 website with information as it becomes available. If you have any questions or need assistance please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click here to visit the Provincial Government website and Alert Level guidance.
- Click here to read MNL’s guidance document.
- Click here for or more information on Alert Level 5 on the Provincial Government website.
- Click here for Guidance for municipalities – working from home during COVID-19 – ATIPP Office
- Click here for a complete list of circulars from the Department of Municipal Affairs and Environment addressing municipal legislative requirements for local governments during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Click here for a complete list of circulars from the Municipal Infrastructure Division of the Department of Transportation and Infrastructure.
Are you looking for some printable COVID-19 resources for your business or workplace?
- The Government of Newfoundland and Labrador Public Health Team has made posters available for downloading and printing: https://bit.ly/3khTTFJ
Click here to download the COVID Alert APP